[rt-users] Differentiating while sending notifictions

Robert Wysocki robert.wysocki at unity.pl
Thu Aug 1 05:18:18 EDT 2013

Dnia 2013-07-31, śro o godzinie 12:10 -0400, Kevin Falcone pisze:
> On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 02:03:57PM +0200, Robert Wysocki wrote:
> > I'm looking for a way to differentiate between external (mainly
> > customers) and internal users (emplyees) while sending notifications.
> >
> > From what I figured out this cannot be done within the template itself.
> > Should I write custom code and plug it in with some callback or is there
> > any other way?
>
> Often people do this by having AdminCcs be internal and Requestors/Ccs
> be external.  This way they naturally use two separate Templates.

This would be a nice solutions except not everybody likes to receive
tons of comments as AdminCc.

> If you tell us more specifically what you're trying to accomplish,
> someone might be able to suggest a solution.

Our RT web interface is used mainly locally. We have links included in
templates, but external users usually don't have credentials to log in
into web interface, so links just confuse them.
We'd like to split templates so that only those with access get links
and others don't.

Regards,
--
Robert Wysocki