[rt-users] ExternalAuth problems

Brian Haupt brian.s.haupt at ama-inc.com
Thu Aug 1 10:32:08 EDT 2013

I am setting up a new Request Tracker 4.0.16 installation on CentOS 6.4. I  am able to log into RT using the RT root password but I receive the following error when trying to login using my AD account

[Thu Aug  1 14:37:33 2013] [error]: FAILED LOGIN for $UserName from $IP_Address (/usr/local/rt/sbin/../lib/RT/Interface/Web.pm:753)

Below is the relavent part of my RT_SiteConfig

Set($WebPort, 443);
Set($WebPath, "/rt");
Set($WebDomain, '$hostname.$PublicDomain');
Set($rtname, '$hostname');

Set($ExternalSettings, {
        # AN EXAMPLE LDAP SERVICE
        'My_LDAP'       =>  {
            'type'                      =>  'ldap',

            'server'                    =>  '$DC.$InternalNetwork',
            'user'                      =>  '$AD_User@$InternalNetwork ',
            'pass'                      =>  '$Password',

            'base'                      =>  'dc=$InternalNetwork',
            'filter'                    =>  '(objectClass=*)',
            'attr_map' => {
                'Name' => 'displayName',
                'EmailAddress' => 'mail',
                'RealName' => 'cn',
                'ExternalAuthId' => 'sAMAccountName',
                'Gecos' => 'sAMAccountName',
            },
        },
    });

# You must install Plugins on your own, this is only an example
# of the correct syntax to use when activating them.
# There should only be one @Plugins declaration in your config file.
Set(@MailPlugins, qw(Auth::MailFrom Filter::TakeAction));
Set(@Plugins,(qw(RT::Extension::CommandByMail RT::Authen::ExternalAuth)));

1;