[rt-users] Migration to RT 4.0.17 from 3.8.9 with new server

Asif Iqbal vadud3 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 13 14:54:28 EDT 2013

On Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at 1:40 PM, Lois Bennett <
lois.bennett at channing.harvard.edu> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have read the documentation on upgrading and  none of the particulars
> exactly fit.
>
> I have a new VM (Centos6).  I have installed RT 4.0.17 completely vanilla.
>

> Old mysql:
> mysql  Ver 14.12 Distrib 5.0.81, for unknown-linux-gnu (x86_64) using
> readline 5.2
> Old RT is  3.8.9
>
> New mysql:
> mysql  Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.1.66, for redhat-linux-gnu (x86_64) using
> readline 5.1
>
> All has gone well.
>
> I have gotten  as far as running make initialize-database.
>
> Now what?  I am not clear if the next step is to take a dump of the
> running server and copy it to the new server then run update database?

This is what I did as next steps

- copy over the RT_SiteConfig.pm from /opt/rt3/etc to /opt/rt4/etc
- comment out the plugins
- mysql> drop database rt4;
- mysql> create database rt4;
- # mysql < dump.from.rt3.sql
- src/rt-4.0.17# sudo make upgrade-database
- uncomment the plugins from RT_SiteConfig.pm
- .. follow the rest of the steps from README ..

Do I need to do anything to the database before I use it?

--
Asif Iqbal
PGP Key: 0xE62693C5 KeyServer: pgp.mit.edu