[rt-users] Technician on vacation status

Rainer Duffner rainer at ultra-secure.de
Mon Aug 26 10:09:47 EDT 2013

Am Mon, 26 Aug 2013 16:57:40 +0400
schrieb Ruslan Zakirov <ruz at bestpractical.com>:

> On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 2:20 AM, Max McGrath <mmcgrath at carthage.edu>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi all -
> >
> > Running RT 4.0.16.  Was talking with a co-worker today about this.
> > I was wondering if there is anything that can be put in place
> > (easily) for when a person is out of the office for a long time.
> >
> > For instance , if a person is out on vacation for two weeks and not
> > everybody is aware, maybe RT shouldn't allow tickets to be given to
> > this person?
> >
> > Not sure if this is possible...or even a good idea.  Just a thought.
> >
> I havn't seen an extension for RT that helps with vacations and would
> be cool to get one.

I have never tried this, but what happens if:

 - that user is disabled?
 - if that user has any old tickets in "waiting for feedback status"
   and then the tickets acutally get feedback and the user is disabled?

Disabling the user is harsh - but at least, nobody will be able to
assign new tickets to the user.

In my organization, people just send an email to everybody when they
are away for a longer time...obviously not a solution for a company
with 30k active RT users.

I would be really interested to know how organizations with a large
number of privileged RT users handle this.