[rt-users] Categories

Donny Brooks dbrooks at mdah.state.ms.us
Tue Aug 27 09:02:31 EDT 2013

On our old helpdesk (hand written php/mysql setup) we had different categories that a ticket could be put into. The choices were like:

Phone
New user
virus
etc....

We have set up RT with a main queue that the ticket then gets routed to either one of two sub queues as we have two different I.T. groups in our agency. Instead of setting up a queue for each category what would be the best way to be able to check categories for stats? I was thinking keywords/hashtags in the resolution. Anyone else have ideas or pointers?
--

Donny B.