[rt-users] Global RT at a Glance not taking effect

Guy Baxter gmbaxter at gmail.com
Thu Aug 29 12:34:14 EDT 2013

Hi all,

I've got an issue with RT at a glance global configuration not working. I
want only "Dashboards" to be visible on the homepage after a user logs in.

I've set the following in tools > configuration > Global > RT at a Glance
RT at a glance body: Dasboards
RT at a glance: Summary: blank

When logging in as root this applies fine.
When logging in as any other users ( we use RT External Auth) it does not
apply.

I also tried setting:

Set ( $HomepageComponents, [qw(Dashboards)]); in RT_SiteConfig.pm
But that didn't work either.

Users can access Dashboards fine, so it doesn't appear to be a permissions
issue, i just want them only to be able to see their dashboards rather than
have to navigate to them.

Could anyone assist please? RT Version is 4.0.1, External Auth is version
0.12

Many thanks.