[rt-users] Installing RT with Oracle 11g: ERROR: as user 'rt': ORA-01017

support at pureview.com support at pureview.com
Sat Dec 14 18:43:33 EST 2013

Joop,

Thanks for the replay.  I already created the user in Oracle like this:
CREATE USER rt IDENTIFIED BY rtpassword
    DEFAULT TABLESPACE rtdata
    TEMPORARY TABLESPACE temp
    QUOTA 0 ON system
    PROFILE default;
    GRANT CONNECT,RESOURCE TO rt;
    GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES TO rt;

See the error below:
ERROR: Couldn't create user RT identified by password.
Error: ORA-01920: user name 'RT' conflicts with another user or role name
(DBD ERROR: error possibly near <*> indicator at char 12 in 'CREATE USER
<*>RT IDENTIFIED BY password default tablespace USERS temporary tablespace
TEMP quota unlimited on USERS')

Could I still install with rt Oracle user in place already. If that is
true what would be the new configuration file? What options should I
omit...!

Thank you,