[rt-users] Upgrade problems (seems to be between 4.0.18 and 4.1.0)

James Craig jmc at cs.rit.edu
Fri Dec 20 11:15:08 EST 2013

On Fri, 20 Dec 2013, Kevin Falcone wrote:

> On Fri, Dec 20, 2013 at 09:57:37AM -0500, James Craig wrote:
>>
>> I am in the process of doing a long-needed upgrade, but have hit
>> a stumbling block.  Any help would be appreciated!
>> Processing 4.1.0
>> Now inserting data.
>> Couldn't finish 'upgrade' step.
>>
>> ERROR: One of initial functions failed: Can't call method "Content" on an
>> undefined value at ./etc/upgrade/4.1.0/content line 35, <> line 18.
>
> This implies you don't have a default homepage setting.
> I'm not sure how the front page of your RT works without it
> (presumably all of your privileged users have a customized one, but
> you must have errors when adding new privileged users who log in for
> the first time).

 	With our very old version, we didn't have any errors of any sort that
 	I saw or was aware of.
 	(the hardware we were running died, and so we opted to
 	 do an upgrade of hardware and software, hoping to import a
 	 cold file of the database)

 	I was hoping that getting it to upgrade from our version would put
 	stuff that was missing into place.

> Examine the results of
> select id, Name, Description, Creator from Attributes where Name like '%HomepageSettings%';
>
> using sbin/rt-attributes-viewer as needed to peek inside those that
> exist.
>
> The upgrade script expects that one exists at the system, not user
> level, it would look like this:
>
> 6 | HomepageSettings | HomepageSettings |       1

 	I will admit that I do very little database stuff; It'll take me a
 	bit of time to figure this out.

Thank you for the quick response!

James Craig

--
James Craig, Department of Computer Science, RIT
102 Lomb Memorial Drive, Rochester, NY 14623

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTE: The information transmitted, including attachments, is
intended only for the person(s) or entity to which it is addressed and may
contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission,
destroy any copies of this information.