[rt-users] Upgrade problems (seems to be between 4.0.18 and 4.1.0)

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Fri Dec 20 10:46:22 EST 2013

On Fri, Dec 20, 2013 at 09:57:37AM -0500, James Craig wrote:

> I am in the process of doing a long-needed upgrade, but have hit
> a stumbling block.  Any help would be appreciated!
> Processing 4.1.0
> Now inserting data.
> Couldn't finish 'upgrade' step.
>
> ERROR: One of initial functions failed: Can't call method "Content" on an
> undefined value at ./etc/upgrade/4.1.0/content line 35, <> line 18.

This implies you don't have a default homepage setting.
I'm not sure how the front page of your RT works without it
(presumably all of your privileged users have a customized one, but
you must have errors when adding new privileged users who log in for
the first time).

Examine the results of
select id, Name, Description, Creator from Attributes where Name like '%HomepageSettings%';

using sbin/rt-attributes-viewer as needed to peek inside those that
exist.

The upgrade script expects that one exists at the system, not user
level, it would look like this:

 6 | HomepageSettings | HomepageSettings |       1

-kevin