[rt-users] Approval in rt4

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Mon Feb 4 14:49:17 EST 2013

On Fri, Feb 01, 2013 at 09:31:53AM -0700, Don Beethe wrote:
>    Is there a way to set up approvals on a per ticket basis in rt4? We have a variety of tickets
>    coming to our sysadmin queue. Some are for accounts on servers which require management
>    approval. We need to request approval only on those tickets, not all tickets in the sysadmin
>    queue... Is this possible?

Just make the condition to trigger approvals something other than On
Create, it can be On Custom Field Foo == 'needs approval' or On Status
= 'needs approval' -> fire the Scrips that create Approvals tickets.

I assume you've seen
http://bestpractical.com/rt/docs/latest/customizing/approvals.html

-kevin