[rt-users] ticket content not displaying via RT's web 'Search' but shows up with sphinx's 'search' binary

Subin subin at opensourcesolutions.co.in
Tue Feb 5 04:25:08 EST 2013

After successfully setting up RT with sphinx I'm trying to search for a
string
in a ticket's 'content'. When I enter the string into 'Search' box of RT it
returns no result even when I'm using fulltext:<search-string> format of
search.
When the same is searched with Sphinx's 'search' binary, the results are
coming
up fine. Is RT not communicating with Sphinx over here?

A section of my RT_SiteConfig.pm:

Set( %FullTextSearch,
     Enable     => 1,
     Indexed    => 1,
     Table      => 'AttachmentsIndex',
     MaxMatches => '10000',
);

mysql> show create table AttachmentsIndex \G

   Table: AttachmentsIndex
   Create Table: CREATE TABLE `AttachmentsIndex` (
   `id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL,
   `weight` int(11) NOT NULL,
   `query` varchar(3072) NOT NULL,
   KEY `query` (`query`(1024))
) ENGINE=SPHINX DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8
CONNECTION='sphinx://localhost:3312/rt,rt_delta'

NB:
1. I have stopped,started Apache after all the sphinx integration was done.
Also did it again when search resultswere not returned from
web-interface search.

2. 'searchd' is listening at 127.0.0.1:3312