[rt-users] ticket content not displaying via RT's web 'Search' but shows up with sphinx's 'search' binary

Thomas Sibley trs at bestpractical.com
Tue Feb 5 14:06:18 EST 2013

On 02/05/2013 01:50 AM, Subin wrote:
> This issue now seems to be with only 'updated' and 'newly' tickets. The
> custom
> string which I create by replying to tickets are not being returned via RT's
> web search. But are being returned when searched from command line using
> sphinx's 'search' binary.

Turn on RT's SQL statement logging via the StatementLog option:
http://bestpractical.com/rt/docs/4.0/RT_Config.html#StatementLog and
then either look at the log output or use Configuration → Tools → SQL
queries (easier) to find the fulltext query.  You'll see it queries the
AttachmentsIndex table.  You can run by hand the query RT is running to
start seeing where the problem lies.