[rt-users] Ticket Image attach corruption

Joshua Lansford Joshua.Lansford at laserlinc.com
Thu Feb 7 08:58:33 EST 2013

Thanks to whoever credit is due for the RT program.  I have been looking
for a while for a bug tracking system I could convince my company to
use.  I am now rolling out RT for our company and almost everyone I talk
to about it is excited to use it.  I believe the main contributing
factor is the high integration with email.  This allows me to place RT
inline with existing communication and support practices with minimal
retraining.

I have discovered the multiple image custom field option.  After the
procedure for uploading the image completes and I click on the file name
I get RT Error Corrupted customfieldvalue URL.  By Googling I have
discovered that the max filesize of an attachment is  512KB.
http://kb.mit.edu/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=4272898
However even when restricting my upload to images below this size the
same error occurs.

RT is installed on Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS \n \l
RT was installed using the package manager following the instructions at
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Request%20Tracker

I did move the location of the mysql database to a data drive according
to these instructions V, but the system has been operating fine otherwise.
http://www.ubuntugeek.com/how-to-change-the-mysql-data-default-directory.html

A screenshot of the error is uploaded here
http://public.laserlinc.com/temp/Joshua/Screenshot-2.png

A screenshot of the ticket with the misbehaving tickets is found here
http://public.laserlinc.com/temp/Joshua/Screenshot.png

Thanks
~Joshua