[rt-users] Problem with __maps__

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Thu Feb 7 10:35:51 EST 2013

On Thu, Feb 07, 2013 at 09:31:53AM +0000, Martin Klíma wrote:
> The main issue seems to me that assigning a lifecycle to a queue does
> not migrate the tickets in the queue to a new lifecycle. I should
> have got "There is no mapping for statuses" error when I was
> assigning the new lifecycle.

This is a known bug we've been discussing how to fix.  There's a lot
of magic that needs to happen when you change a lifecycle midstream.
You have to leave transitions in place until you migrate away from the
old statuses and it's a pain.  Unfortunately, on a large queue, any
sort of magic could run for a long time and time out, etc.  It's also
a bit 'magic' behind the scenes, so we want to wrap it up in a nice
enough dialog for the admin.  We're hopeful that something will get
into 4.2 for this.  Fixing the error message to say something about
transitions rather than maps should be fixable for 4.0, please file a
bug about that?

> Strangely, I was not able to change the
> queue lifecycle back to default: no error message was shown, but the
> lifecycle did not change. This problem persists even after I moved
> all tickets from the queue.

This should not be the case since 4.0.9.  What version of RT did you
install?  The current release is 4.0.10.

-kevin