[rt-users] Custom Lifecycle and My Tickets

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Thu Feb 7 12:02:51 EST 2013

On Thu, Feb 07, 2013 at 04:25:56PM +0000, Martin Klíma wrote:
> Hello,
>
> After setting up a custom Lifecycle I noticed that my tickets stopped appearing in My Tickets widget on the homepage. After some digging, I found out that the My Tickets search in etc/initialdata contains the following line:
>
> > Query   => " Owner = '__CurrentUser__' AND ( Status = 'new' OR Status = 'open' )
>
> As my new lifecycle does not have 'open' status, of course the tickets do not show in the search. I edited the initialdata file and run rt-setup-database --action insert and as far as I can see, the database is updated: when I do Base64 decode on the storable field in the table Attributes, I can see my updated query. However, the My Tickets search still does not work and the query string there has its default initial value. Is there a way to change it? I know I can add saved search to dashboard, but I would like this to work for every user "out of the box".

Log in as root, click on the Edit link in the upper righthand corner
of My Tickets, click on edit the saved search, edit the search, save
the search.

This only works for users who haven't hacked up My Tickets already.

And yes, we all want __Active__ but nobody's had time to hack in the
magic (easy) and test (harder).  We have ~5 lifecycles in our main RT
and some of them have long status names, so we feel your pain.

-kevin