[rt-users] Allowing SelfService users to set own language and timezone prefs

Craig Ringer craig at 2ndquadrant.com
Thu Feb 28 23:31:44 EST 2013

Hi all

I was just surprised to find that SelfService (Unprivileged) users don't
seem to be able to set their own time zone or language in
SelfService/Prefs.html . It only shows a password change UI.

I've had a look at html/SelfService/Prefs.html and see no code for other
fields.

Is there a security or other reason not to show things like timezone and
language to unprivileged users? I can add an overlay, I just want to
avoid breaking anything important.