[rt-users] RTx Statistics year limit to 2012

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Thu Jan 17 17:05:59 EST 2013

On Thu, Jan 10, 2013 at 04:20:52PM +0000, Rodrigo de Campos wrote:
>    In the company where I am working, we are using the the version 3.6.1 of Request Tracker (for
>    specific reasons we are not going to upgrade it right now). Also, we are using the plugin RTx
>    Statistics and that's where my problem relies.
>
>    As I understand, this plugin is no longer maintained and the last version supported displays
>    the maximum year of 2012. Check the URL
>    [1]https://LOCALHOST/rt/RTx/Statistics/CallsQueueDay/index.html
>
>    As well as the lib:
>    /usr/local/share/request-tracker3.6/RTx-Statistics-0.1.8/lib/RTx/Statistics.pm  (grep for
>    2012)
>
>    I don't really know how can we increase the years, so we can continue using this version. I
>    could spend some days learning the ins and outs from this specific project but I'm not really
>    very knowledgeable IN PERL, plus my time is short.
>
>    So, anyone on the list good with PERL and that understand how this project works? If yes,
>    please guide me on which files should I modify in order to generate statistics to 2013.

This appears to be a bug in the module (it's not a Best Practical
module, so I have no idea what the history is).

If you open up that Statistics.pm file you found, there will be a
@years line and you should add more years to it (all the copies I've
seen of it only go to 2010 so presumably someone at your work already
updated it once before).

-kevin