[rt-users] Taking RT offline required for enabling sphinx fulltext 'only'?

Subin subin at opensourcesolutions.co.in
Sun Jan 27 08:34:11 EST 2013

Hello all,

Iupgraded my RT from 3.8.7 to 4.0.9 recently. These were the steps I
followed:

1. Took the previous RT 3 offline and configured mail redirect.
2. Re-compiled mysql-server 5.1 with 'sphinx' storage engine(sphinxse)
for enabling fulltext support for RT 4.
3.Installed RT 4 and restored the previous database backup. It was
successful and the new RT interface was working fine after restoring
mail flow. All good.

However I didn't enable fulltext although I compiled mysql with sphinxse
support.
I chose it to do another time since I wasn't sure of what all the RT
tables to index
and was a bit unsure of Sphinx stuff.

So my question is:

Q) If I intended to enable fulltext with RT4 later onlike as mentioned here:
http://www.bestpractical.com/rt/docs/4.0/full_text_indexing.html#Creating-and-configuring-the-index1
starting from the step |"sbin/rt-setup-fulltext-index --dba root
--dba-password secret" would I be need to take RT
    offline like I did for the upgrade?|