[rt-users] How to customize in local/lib

Raed El-Hames Raed.El-Hames at daisygroupplc.com
Thu Jan 31 08:56:41 EST 2013

Hi,
Sorry if this have been asked before, but I could n’t see anything in the archives or via web search.

I just started the process of upgrading my rt-3.8.7 to rt-4
With rt-4 the Overlay files have been removed, and I am wondering what is the proper way to add  or modify existing functions with lib/RT.
For example to change a subroutine in User_Overlay.pm in 3.8.7 , I create User_Vendor.pm in local/lib/RT , copy then modify the function I need to change into
User_Vendor.pm , similar any new functions I need go there ?? will this method still work in 4.0.8 ?? or Do I need the whole of User.pm then modify or add to ??

Roy

[cid:image07daee.PNG at 729b4329.40a8e0b6]

This email (and any attachments) contains information, which may be privileged and/or confidential. It's meant only for the individual(s) or entity named above. If you're not the intended recipient, please note that disclosing, copying, distributing or using this information is prohibited. If you've received this email in error, please let me know immediately by emailing me at the email address above and then delete all traces of this email from your system.  We monitor our email system, and may record your emails.

Computer viruses can be transmitted by email. You should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. We accept no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email or any attachments.

Daisy Communications Ltd
Registered office: Daisy House, Lindred Road Business Park, Nelson, Lancashire, BB9 5SR
Registered in England and Wales with company number: 4145329