[rt-users] Rt4 MailgateInstallation: Stubborn 403 Forbidden Error

Patrick G. Stoesser lists at pgs-info.de
Thu Jan 31 21:28:26 EST 2013

Hello,

I'm also running RT4 ob Debian Squueze, indeed with Exim4.
Just a few thoughts after reading your post:

# 1 ##########
 > My /etc/aliases configuration looks like this:
 >
 > ---
 > test: "|/usr/bin/rt-mailgate --queue test --action correspond --url
 > http://centcomm.engeneon.net/rt"
 > test-comment: "|/usr/bin/rt-mailgate --queue testt --action comment
 > --url http://centcomm.engeneon.net/rt

There seems to be a mistake in line 3: Isn't your queue called "test"
and not "testt"?

# 2 ##########
 > A manual test of the rt-mailgate script produces the following:
 >
 > ---
 > root at centcomm:~# cat testfile.txt |/usr/bin/rt-mailgate --queue
 > support --action correspond --url http://centcomm.engeneon.net/rt
 > An Error Occurred
 > =================

The queue "support" you're trying to mail to is not defined in the
/etc/aliases you've posted here.

# 3 ##########
 > My 000-default apache configuration file  looks like this:
 >
 > <VirtualHost *:80>
 >          ServerAdmin webmaster at localhost
 >
 >          DocumentRoot /var/www
 >          <Directory />
 >                  Options FollowSymLinks
 >                  AllowOverride None
 >          </Directory>

As long as you don't serve any content in / (you currently serve the
dafult "It works"-Page, you should turn off this directory. This has
nothing to do with RT itself, but it's something I noticed. See also
<http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/misc/security_tips.html>

 >          <Directory /var/www/>
 >                  Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
 >                  AllowOverride None
 >                  Order allow,deny
 >                  allow from all
 >          </Directory>

Same here.

 >          ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /usr/lib/cgi-bin/
 >          <Directory "/usr/lib/cgi-bin">
 >                  AllowOverride None
 >                  Options +ExecCGI -MultiViews +SymLinksIfOwnerMatch
 >                  Order allow,deny
 >                  Allow from all
 >          </Directory>
 >
 >          ErrorLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/error.log
 >
 >          # Possible values include: debug, info, notice, warn, error,
crit,
 >          # alert, emerg.
 >          LogLevel debug
 >
 >          CustomLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/access.log combined
 > <Directory "/usr/share/request-tracker3.6/html/">

You're runnig RT4, so this directory does not exist. Your directory is
/usr/share/request-tracker4.

 >      Order allow,deny
 >      Allow from all
 > </Directory>
 >   Include /etc/request-tracker4/apache2-modperl2.conf
 >   RedirectMatch ^/$ /rt
 >
 > </VirtualHost>
 > -----

hth + regards, pgs