[rt-users] Cc'ing requestors on comments

Riggle, Kevin kriggle at akamai.com
Mon Jul 29 17:42:37 EDT 2013

Hi all,

I had an interesting issue crop up recently.  One of my users commented on
a ticket but Cc'd the requestor.  The requestor didn't have
CommentOnTicket privileges, so when they responded, RT silently dropped
the mail.  The only reason we noticed was because the requestor had also
Cc'd someone else.

This behavior surprised my user, and surprised the requestor.  I now
understand why it happened, but it also surprised me.

Is this behavior intentional?  Are there ways to reduce the surprise to
the users?  (Possibly by filtering the Cc list by users who have
CommentOnTicket, or sending mail to users who don't have CommentOnTicket
from the correspondence address, so that their replies get recorded?)

- Kevin