[rt-users] GPG Auto Key Retrieval

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Tue Jul 30 15:36:45 EDT 2013

On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 02:19:29PM -0400, Christopher Costa wrote:
>    It looks as if testing inbound email to RT might not be a simple chore in my environment so
>    for now I'm going to focus on outbound email. I do have debug logging enabled. Is there is
>    someplace else worth looking? Am I misunderstanding how auto key retrieval is supposed to work
>    with outbound mail?

RT calls gpg --list-public-keys bob at example.com which I don't think
fetches automatically.  I think that only happens during the encrypt.

Most of the time this is a non-issue because the verification when
mail enters the system *does* fetch.

In order to work around this, RT would need to add a bunch of fetch
keys logic, which unfortunately was explicitly not-in-scope when this
was implemented for RT 3.8.0.

Also, testing inbound email should be pretty trivial, even if you
can't glue all the parts together.

Take a signed email in a text file and run:

/opt/rt4/bin/rt-mailgate --queue General --url htt://foo.com --action correspond < email

-kevin