[rt-users] Remove extraneous records from DB

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Mon Jun 3 13:00:13 EDT 2013

On Mon, Jun 03, 2013 at 03:41:32PM +0000, Don Smitheimer wrote:
>    While trying to debug a custom action scrip module I developed, I made a change to the
>    ScripAction array and re-ran rt-setup-database which inserted another record into the DB for
>    the same module, with the same name.
>
>    Obviously now there are two entries with the same name for the action scrip in the web pull
>    down for Action.
>
>    Is there an easy way to delete one of the records?  I searched the list and wiki without
>    success, but I may not have entered the right search terms.

For Scrip Actions, as long as it isn't used by Scrips, you're pretty
safe to go and delete from ScripActions where id =
bogus_script_action;

If you delete a ScripAction in use by the Scrips table, things will
break, so be careful (you can confirm with select * from Scrips where
ScripAction = bogus_scrip_action).

-kevin