[rt-users] Question about restricting queues

Jean-Christophe Boggio rt-users at thefreecat.org
Tue Jun 18 12:34:14 EDT 2013

Le 17/06/2013 20:33, Chris Hall a écrit :
> They asked me if there was any way to group these queues up in such a
> way that, for example, if a ticket is made in any of the Queue A's
> they are locked in and can only be transferred between the Queue
> A's.

Depending on your setup/organization, you could restrict the visible queues (some people would have access to queues A tier 1/2/3, others to Queues B tier 1/2/3).

If this is not possible, you could force the correct queue or reject the transfer from inside a scrip I guess, something like this (untested) :

Example to reject the transaction :

In condition :

my $TransObj = $self->TransactionObj;
if ($TransObj->Type eq "Set" and $transObj->Field eq "Queue") {
	return 0 if (substr($TransObj->OldValue,0,7) ne substr($TransObj->NewValue,0,7); # 7 is length of "Queue A"
}
return 1;