[rt-users] Making "make initdb" idempotent?

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Mon Jun 24 11:21:36 EDT 2013

> > Our extensions do this. Each version that needs DB upgrade provides a
> > separate upgrade dir with schema, content... like RT itself.
>
> OK, that sounds interesting. Are there any docs on this? The RT
> extensions I've looked into, like RT::Extension::SLA, don't seem to use
> this mechanism.
>
> Are you talking about a new facility that's added as part of the branch
> you describe, or something supported in mainline?

RTIR does it, as did RTFM before it was cored.

RT-Extension-SLA contains etc/upgrade/0.06/content, so works like core.

I have branches for RT and Module-Install-RTx which will allow 'make
upgrade-database' to work.

RT's master branch also has new code to track each of these
inserts/updates.  This will be new in 4.2.

-kevin