[rt-users] Possible to edit ticket content?

ktm at rice.edu ktm at rice.edu
Fri Jun 28 08:56:17 EDT 2013

On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 07:05:29AM +0000, Johan Sjöberg wrote:
> Hi
>
> We have a ticket that has grown extremely large because of many mails and lots of included quotes. This means that it takes forever to open in RT. Is it possible to edit the database and truncate the content in each "post"? It seems like the content is stored in the Attachments table, but it seems to be in binary format. We are running RT 3.8.17
>
> Regards,
> Johan

Hi Johan,

Some ideas: Use RT::Extension::HistoryFilter to reduce the number of transactions
displayed in the main page. I do not know if an option is available for this but
only display the most recent updates, for some definition of recent, on the main
display page and have them all available on the History tab. Create a new ticket
and refer to the old ticket as a parent or reference.

Cheers,
Ken