[rt-users] Articles as email templates with variables

John Kelsh jkelsh at netspot.com.au
Sat Jun 29 02:16:49 EDT 2013

Hi All,

I've only just started using RTFM Articles as email templates, so
apologies for my ignorance. Is there any way to incorporate variables
into article custom fields so that they can be used as a template?

Basically, what I am trying to achieve is an email template (canned
response type) with the current date in the body of the email, similar
to this.

 > Hi,
 >
 > Thank you for your enquiry, today's date is 29th Jun 2013.

Are there any alternatives to using Articles to achieve this?

Thanks,