[rt-users] RT and MSMTP

Alexander Kucheryuk alex.kucheryuk at eltoma-offshore.com
Mon Mar 4 09:41:03 EST 2013

I am running RT 4.0.10 using external SMTP server for emailing
(fetchmail for receveing and msmtp for delivering).
I have able to configure fetchmail with no problem ie. when somebody
sends an email to RT, ticket is automatically raised.
However, they do not receive anything back. And if somebody replies to
the ticket, no email is sent out. (Including precanned reply).

My apache conf:
AddDefaultCharset UTF-8

     Alias /rt/NoAuth/images /usr/local/rt/share/html/NoAuth/images/
     ScriptAlias /rt /usr/local/rt/sbin/rt-server.fcgi/

     LogLevel debug
     ErrorLog /usr/local/rt/var/log/error.log

     DocumentRoot "/usr/local/rt/share/html"
     <Location /rt>
         #SSLRequireSSL
         Order allow,deny
         Allow from all

         Options +ExecCGI
         AddHandler fcgid-script fcgi
     </Location>

My RT config:
Set($rtname, "eltoma-offshore.com");
Set($WebDomain, "centos.eltoma.cyp");
Set($WebPort, 80);
Set($WebPath, "/rt");
Set($SendmailPath , "/usr/local/rt/etc/msmtp_wrapper");
Set($CorrespondAddress, "rt at eltoma-offshore.com");
Set($CommentAddress, "rt at eltoma-offshore.com");
Set($Timezone, "Asia/Nicosia");
Set($MailCommand, "sendmail");
Set($SendmailArguments, "-t");
Set($SendmailPath , "/usr/local/bin/msmtp");
Set($LogToFile, "error");
Set($LogDir, "/var/log");
Set($LogToFileNamed, "rt.log");

MSMTP is working on its own ie. if I send email using "msmtp" command, I
receive it. But RT seems to have issue using it.
PS: Logs are not created for some reason (except for RT, which requires
file to be created but it is empty).