[rt-users] Change Management

Kevin Holleran holleran.kevin at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 10:02:33 EST 2013

Good morning,

I have set up RT 4.10 on a system & would like to move our Change
Management & System Access Requests to it.  I am working off of this:

http://bestpractical.com/rt/docs/4.0/customizing/approvals.html

I have set this up, but want to ask some questions as I don't want to get
too deep then find out that I cannot do what I need to do.

I have the following criteria:

- Define the criticality (i.e. Minor, Low, Medium, High, Critical)
- Different Approval Groups (Infrastructure, Systems, Dev, Security, etc)
- Tie an approval chain to the various groups. (i.e. Infrastructure would
require sign off by an Infrastructure team member, Infrastructure Manager,
Security, but if it was high or critical, it would also require the VP of
I.T.)
- Have groups within the approval chain (i.e. Security Group - any one of
the people can approve for Security representative).
- Capture who signed with date and time.
- Definable workflow - First it goes to Team Member & Manager, after
approval it goes to Security, finally after approve by Security it goes to
VP. of I.T. - this is not as critical if everyone gets it at the same time
(but if its approved by everyone except security, then everyone would need
to know that it was rejected including the people who have already approved
it).

Is this possible to do with RT?

Thanks!  and sorry for getting long winded a bit, I need to implement
something like this in a hurry and I am really hoping RT can do the trick
for me.

--
Kevin Holleran
Master of Science, Computer Information Systems

"Do today what others won't, do tomorrow what others can't" - SEALFit

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a
habit." - Aristotle