[rt-users] Custom Condition - On Correspond or Comment

Billington, James jbillington at itsfac.com
Wed Mar 13 12:59:05 EDT 2013

Hello All,

I am running RT 4.0.10 on CentOS 6.3.

I was trying to create a user defined condition from the create scrip ui based on a code snippit I found here (http://requesttracker.wikia.com/wiki/CustomConditionSnippets).

On Correspond to Unowned Ticket

return 0 unless $self->TransactionObj->Type eq "Correspond";
return 0 unless $self->TicketObj->Owner == $RT::Nobody->id;
return 1;

I was wondering if I can add an or in the first statement to make it apply to correspond or comment? Like this:

return 0 unless $self->TransactionObj->Type eq "Correspond" or "Comment";
return 0 unless $self->TicketObj->Owner == $RT::Nobody->id;
return 1;

Essentially the entire helpdesk has grown tired of being admin CC's on all queues but we want a way to be able to see correspondence or comments on unowned tickets. I'd prefer not to create two separate scrips. I didn't want to create the scrips unless I was sure instead of just creating them to see if it would work.

Any help is much appreciated...

Thanks,

James Billington
Mantech International

This e-mail and any attachments are intended only for the use of the addressee(s) named herein and may contain proprietary information. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail or believe that you received this email in error, please take immediate action to notify the sender of the apparent error by reply e-mail; permanently delete the e-mail and any attachments from your computer; and do not disseminate, distribute, use, or copy this message and any attachments.