[rt-users] Limiting candidate addresses for AdminCC

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Fri Mar 15 12:38:22 EDT 2013

On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 03:34:03PM -0700, Ram wrote:
>    I'm looking to restrict what addresses can be added as AdminCC.
>    The idea is to prevent our staff from errantly adding an external party as an AdminCC on a
>    ticket because we don't want external parties seeing comments. Ideally this would be done by
>    requiring that AdminCCs be members of a group that is the authorization mechanism so we can
>    add or remove users to that group (likely to be our entire Staff group).
>    What's the right way to do this?

Unfortunately, the right way to do this is to overlay
Ticket->_AddWatcher and add an additional check there.  This is in
addition to tweaking the autocompleter not to return people outside
your group.  You could probably do it by running around in the UI and
checking, but there are a number of places to do it.

>    On a related note what's the Right to grant (or prevent) adding a queue AdminCC?

I'm pretty sure you need AdminQueue to affect Watchers on a Queue
level.

-kevin