[rt-users] __Approvals

Kevin Holleran holleran.kevin at gmail.com
Mon Mar 18 16:07:02 EDT 2013

On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 3:37 PM, Thomas Sibley <trs at bestpractical.com>wrote:

> On 03/18/2013 09:21 AM, Kevin Holleran wrote:
> > OK, so after re-reading again, I have a question.  Can anyone who has
> > access the __Approvals Queue approve anything in there?  I would like to
> > specifically grab people and groups depending on the ticket.
>
> You should assign your rights appropriately then.  RT will let ticket
> watchers do whatever rights those roles are granted globally or
> specifically at the ___Approvals queue level.
>
> You should read
> http://bestpractical.com/rt/docs/latest/customizing/approvals.html.

Thanks for the help, I read that first, then read a bunch of other stuff,
now going back & re-reading it, it makes a lot more sense.

So, if you don't mind me clarifying...

In the template, to create multiple tickets, I can put some perl logic that
grabs the queue it came from & my custom impact field, then I can loop,
creating tickets with:

 ===Create-Ticket: Manager approval