[rt-users] FW: RT4 Postfix/Apache Email Return-Path causing issues

Rafal Roginela rroginela at AmeriCashLoans.net
Wed Mar 20 15:45:44 EDT 2013

For completeness...

Thank You,
Rafal Roginela
Office (847) 827-9740 x109
Fax (847) 493-8031

From: Rafal Roginela
Sent: Wednesday, March 20, 2013 2:45 PM
To: 'Billington, James'
Subject: RE: RT4 Postfix/Apache Email Return-Path causing issues

Hi,

You can add an MX record for the "servername.domain" and all will be well (it can point to your companies mail sending host in case they want to check for smtp connections), that is a no Linux knowledge answer. Other than that there are impersonation settings in postfix/sendmail that you can set to remove the "servername.domain" part of the problem, if you go the Linux knowledge route. Either way spam filters will be happy with either fix.

This is a shot from the hip since I have no idea what your RT_SiteConfig.pm looks like or any other setting. Hope it helps.

Thank You,
Rafal Roginela
Office (847) 827-9740 x109
Fax (847) 493-8031