[rt-users] Way of Getting Custom Fields into Quick Create

Raymond Corbett Raymond.Corbett at arcproductions.com
Thu Mar 21 12:21:04 EDT 2013

We have a problem in that we must have one mandatory customfield implemented.

By  making the customfield mandatory, users can then no longer use the Quick Create Ticket portal because the ticket generation complains about this custom field not having any entry.

Is there a way around that?

The ultimate would be to have a custom field in the QuickCreate portlet.

Is they anyone who can guide us through putting a custom field in the QuickCreate portlet.

As a work around, we have tried editing a copy of QuickCreate and hard coding a pull down menu into the display for a field "Show"

The pulldown and option selections are there, but what code is necessary in I assume index.html to pass through values along as though there were a customfield value so that we can search on them.