[rt-users] Where are customfields stored

Ruslan Zakirov ruz at bestpractical.com
Tue Mar 26 12:27:24 EDT 2013

On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 7:44 PM, Raymond Corbett
<Raymond.Corbett at arcproductions.com> wrote:
> Where are customfields stored?

Have you looked at the list of tables in the DB? CustomFields is a table.

> For example, if I create a custom field and name it “Dev Code” for exmample.
>
> Where does that customfield actually exist in the code base.

Have you looked at list of files in lib/ dir? lib/RT/CustomField.pm is a module.

> Assuming I want to load a customfield, how would I identify it by name?  For
> example the one I called “Dev Code”

http://bestpractical.com/rt/docs/latest/RT/CustomField.html#LoadByName-Queue-QUEUEID-Name-NAME

Example in the following wiki article answers most of your questions
and is first in the list after searching "custom field":

http://requesttracker.wikia.com/wiki/ImportCustomFieldValues

Google is also very helpful if you search "load rt custom field".

--
Best regards, Ruslan.