[rt-users] Tie a Group to a Queue

Ruslan Zakirov ruz at bestpractical.com
Wed Mar 27 14:15:06 EDT 2013

On Tue, Mar 26, 2013 at 10:42 PM, Kevin Holleran
<holleran.kevin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Perhaps I will make the group just an AdminCC.  I do not necessarily want
> everyone in the group to have elevated privileges on the queue (which I
> think i can manage) or to receive a message/notification on every queue....
>
> Thoughts on this approach?

I didn't fully understand first part of the question where you ask
about API, but basicly you either grant rights to a group directly, eg
go to queue's group rights page and grant rights to a group rather
than privileged or other more generic groups, or you make a group
queue's Cc/AdminCc and do rights granting via roles.

You can do combination of both.

As you guessed using Cc/AdminCcs roles on queues changes who recieves
notifications. I recall code that allows you to set up scrip to notify
ticket Ccs, but don't notify ticket's queue Ccs. However, I can not
find it in our repo.

So both variants are good. Pick what suits your case more.

--
Best regards, Ruslan.