[rt-users] Multiple e-mail addresses per user?

RT rt at ragweed.net
Wed Mar 27 14:29:55 EDT 2013

RT-Users,

We're running 4.0.10 and use rt-mailgate. Our end-users don't use the
web-based interface to RT and rely on e-mail to respond/reply to tickets.

However, we're finding that users are more frequently using multiple e-mail
addresses. On occasion they'll respond to an RT-generated e-mail with an
e-mail address not associated with the ticket or their RT account.

Is there a way to associate multiple e-mail addresses with a single user
account in RT, perhaps via a plugin? This way, a user can respond to a
ticket with e-mail addresses A, B or C without worrying about the response
being rejected.

(Creating multiple users and assigning them all to each ticket isn't a good
working solution for us.)

Suggestions are appreciated, please let me know if you need more
information.

Thank you!