[rt-users] Flaws on RT::Extension::RepeatTicket search

Jim Brandt jbrandt at bestpractical.com
Fri May 17 08:46:35 EDT 2013

> I did and it did show up. But the problem is that field only appear
> when ticket already repeat at least one time, am I correct? For
> example, now I create a recurrent ticket same month and day in next
> year, after 3 months and I did a search, OriginalTicket should not
> create as it haven't been repeat, please clarify if something wrong
> in my concept. Thanks.

You're correct, the initial ticket doesn't record a link to itself which
would allow you to search on it. To track down the repeating tickets
that haven't repeated yet, look at the code in the rt-repeat-ticket
script you schedule in cron. It looks for all tickets with attribute
'RepeatTicketSettings'. You could just put a debug statement in that
script to print the ticket id of each ticket, then run the script.