[rt-users] Q: RT4: adding addresses to the $RedistributeAutoGeneratedMessages list

Thomas Sibley trs at bestpractical.com
Thu May 30 15:08:53 EDT 2013

On 05/30/2013 11:59 AM, John N. wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am running RT4, and am having an issue where machine generated
> messages sent to RT create loops.
> As per the documentation, I added
> Set($RedistributeAutoGeneratedMessages, 0); in RT_SiteConfig.pm, and
> this cleared up most of my problems.  Tickets created by "root@*" no
> longer generate reply emails, which is a good thing.
>
> However, mail from 'postmaster@*' is still causing loops.
>
> Does anyone know where the list used by
> $RedistributeAutoGeneratedMessages is specified, so I can add 'postmaster'?

postmaster@ is already caught.

This sounds like your $RTAddressRegexp is unset when it needs to be or
is incomplete.  RTAddressRegexp must match all addresses which are
injected into RT.  You can only leave it unset if all such addresses are
accounted for by $CorrespondAddress/$CommentAddress and queue-specific
addresses configured in the admin interface.

http://bestpractical.com/rt/docs/latest/RT_Config#RTAddressRegexp