[rt-users] RT 4.2 and ownership of tickets after comments

Chris Hall hiro24 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 5 11:40:53 EST 2013

I'm noticing a strange problem after my upgrade from 4.0.0 to 4.2.  Before
my upgrade I'd made a global script that would have the user attempt to
take ownership of a ticket after commenting on it.  This is still working
after the upgrade.  However, now it is immediately given back to the
previous owner for some reason.  History reads like this:

# The RT System itself - Owner forcibly changed from
U<http://rt.imctv.com/User/Summary.html?id=108>
serA to UserB
# U <http://rt.imctv.com/User/Summary.html?id=36196>serB - Given to UserA

Any ideas what might be causing this and how to stop it?