[rt-users] Fail over & Cie How you do it

Albert Shih Albert.Shih at obspm.fr
Wed Nov 6 08:59:05 EST 2013

Hi,

For one time not exactly a technical question.

Long time ago when first time I install a RT it's for my own use. After
that the « virus » spread to my team.

Now all IT team use RT.

They are some project to extend RT to other services.

That's mean progressively RT become a very important software.

But in that case how you manage to do some upgrade, maintenance, etc..

of mai-server because we don't loose any mail. If the smtp server is down, all
MTA known to keep mails in the queue.

If RT is down, all request go to a blackhole. Until now what I'm doing is
to change the aliases tables before update

    request --> RT

    request --> somebody@

and when RT come back, I push the ticket manually. But that's is possible
because I don't have so much ticket.

So my question is when you RT is very important how you do the
failover/upgrade/maintenance.

Regards.

JAS

--