[rt-users] Date/Datetime CFs not populating on ticket modify

Samuel Leslie samuel.l at impos.com.au
Mon Nov 18 02:58:02 EST 2013

Hi there,

We recently upgraded our RT installation to v4.2.0 from v4.0.9 and have
noticed an interesting issue with custom fields since the upgrade. We have
numerous date & datetime custom fields across our queues and several of
these are marked as Mandatory. Since upgrading, when a user modifies a
Ticket with one or more of these Mandatory date/datetime fields, the ticket
does not populate the date/datetime fields with the existing values. The
net result is that either they have to re-enter the values before
submitting the update or they get a validation error of the form "<field>:
Input must match [Mandatory]".

I'm advised this didn't used to be the case where if a Mandatory
date/datetime field wasn't modified during a Ticket modification it would
simply re-use the existing value. We've only noticed this issue on these
specific custom field types; other field types behave as expected.

I've taken a look around the RT configuration but haven't made much
progress in determining the cause. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Is it possible this is a bug/regression in RT v4.2.0 or have I just
overlooked or misunderstood something?

Thanks,
Samuel Leslie