[rt-users] IE8 issues - Custom Fields and edit screens

Parish, Brent bparish at cognex.com
Tue Nov 19 11:30:06 EST 2013

Hi

Unfortunately, we still need/use Internet Explorer 8 in our company (compatibility issue with other apps).

I found a few issues (#22770, #16629, #19547) listed on the issues.bestpractical.com site regarding IE8 and custom fields, each of these describes exactly what I'm seeing here on 4.2.0 -- Specifically, editing a "child" or secondary custom field does not work/display properly.

In addition, the recent issue (introduced in 4.2.0 I think) regarding not being able to edit dashboards (and other edit screens too) in IE is now fixed for me in IE10, but is still broken in IE8.

I was wondering if maybe ie8 just wasn't supported in RT anymore?

Thanks!
Brent