[rt-users] IE8 issues - Custom Fields and edit screens - updated

Parish, Brent bparish at cognex.com
Tue Nov 19 14:35:30 EST 2013

More notes on this issue:

I was monkeying around in the IE Console, looking to see if perhaps there were some javascript errors getting popped or something (there are not).
While in there and refreshing the page a lot (on a VERY slow machine, by the way), I see that the custom field value IS shown in IE, but only for a second.  Then it reverts back to the (no value) option.

More detail:
I have a custom (select one) field called "application".
Depending on what you select for application, the "version" (select one) custom field can be selected.
i.e. if I choose "Request Tracker" for my application, then I can select version "4.2.0" from the Version Custom field.

In IE8, I can set the application, the version, and save it.
It displays correctly on the display tab.
When I click on "Basics" or "Jumbo" to edit the ticket, the Application field remains on 'Request Tracker' like it should.
For a split second (not even seen on reasonably fast machines), the sub-field of Version shows "4.2.0", but then reverts to "(no value)" before the page finishes loading.
If I just click save, the ticket changes to "No value" for the Version field. :(

So in IE8, I have to memorize each of the multi-level custom field values before going to the edit page, and then I have to set them all back to what they were before saving changes to the ticket.

Also, I went back to an old 4.0.12 version of RT and see the same behavior there.

Interestingly, 4.0.12 DOES work for the dashboard issue in IE8, so apparently that is a completely different problem.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks!
Brent