[rt-users] Invalid Group Name and Domain

Alex Vandiver alexmv at bestpractical.com
Sat Oct 5 00:13:52 EDT 2013

On Fri, 2013-10-04 at 21:02 -0400, Mathew Snyder wrote:

> I'm able to access the configuration interface when I
> run /opt/rt4/sbin/rt-server. I step through the configuration until I
> get to the initialize database step. When I continue from there I get
> an error indicating Invalid Group Name and Domain and I'm given the
> option to initialize the database again.

This is a bug in the web-based installer; we have a fix that will be
included in 4.2.1.  Until then, you'll need to follow the instructions
in README for setting RT up by hand.

Alternately, you can apply the patch at
https://github.com/bestpractical/rt/commit/b4517c1.patch and verify that
it solves the problem.  You'll need to drop the database before
re-running the web-based installer.

 - Alex