[rt-users] Invalid Group Name and Domain

Mathew Snyder mathew.snyder at gmail.com
Fri Oct 4 21:02:44 EDT 2013

Just downloaded 4.2.0 and I'm trying to get an instance up and running. I
ran configure with the --enable-graphviz, --enable-gd, and --with-web-user
and --with-web-group options. make testdeps returns no missing modules.

I'm able to access the configuration interface when I run
/opt/rt4/sbin/rt-server. I step through the configuration until I get to
the initialize database step. When I continue from there I get an error
indicating Invalid Group Name and Domain and I'm given the option to
initialize the database again. The database is created the first time,
though. What Group Name and Domain is it referring to? I'm not entering any
odd characters in the domain name (just a hyphen and the dot delimiters)
and there is no group asked for during the configuration steps.

-Mathew

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at
all." - God; Futurama

"We'll get along much better once you accept that you're wrong and neither
am I." - Me