[rt-users] Question about SLA module

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Thu Oct 17 10:44:18 EDT 2013

On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 02:26:01PM +0200, Alexandre LEPREVOST wrote:
>    - When I'm installing the SLA module, a custom field is create automatically - called [1]SLA
>    I've changed it to something better for us : support SLA. After changed the value, the module
>    doesn't work anymore. Should I do something in database ? In your documentation you say "This
>    field is created during make initdb step (above) and applied globally" - Can you have an idea

The Custom Field name in use by the module is hard coded to SLA.
To use another name you'll need to provide a patch to make it
flexible.

>    - My second point is about multiple SLA. I would like to have 2 different SLA - one for
>    support, second development. Do you have any clues on how to perform this configuration ? To
>    be honnest I've played with the configuration file and it was not so easy. I've tried to
>    install the module 2 times and I see the SLA custom field 2 times, does it make sens ?

It's quite possible to have different SLAs per Queue, we do, it's
shown in the documentation.

Also, in the README, where it says
    make initdb (for the first time only)
you ran in twice, you'll want to disable or delete the second
extraneous SLA custom field.

>    - Do you have an idea to uninstall the plugin ? In my job I need to document it (event I won't
>    uninstall it for sure ;))

Remove from @Plugins line, disable Scrips and Custom Fields.

-kevin