[rt-users] Errors with new instance on 4.2.0

Flynn, Timothy timothy-flynn at uiowa.edu
Fri Oct 18 17:00:18 EDT 2013

Kevin I found the issue.  The web user could not write to the RT logfile.  I now have a happy new instance of RT 4.0.18 & RTIR 3.  It took me a bit to figure out how to run rt-server.fcgi as the web user since a shell login was not allowed for that user (sudo su wouldn't execute command).  I just edited vipw quick and gave it a shell, tested the command and found the issue and set the shell back to false after.

Thank you,
Tim