[rt-users] Writing portlets

Kevin Falcone falcone at bestpractical.com
Wed Oct 23 11:55:02 EDT 2013

On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 08:33:52PM +0100, Esdras Neto wrote:

> 2013/10/22 Kevin Falcone <falcone at bestpractical.com>
>
> > On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 03:26:56PM +0100, Esdras Neto wrote:
> > >    Does anyone know a documentation that explains how to do that?
> > >    I'm trying to follow the wiki below but that does not appear to be
> > working:
> > >    http://requesttracker.wikia.com/wiki/WritingPortlets
> >
> > Depending on what your portlet needs to do, there are several
> > different answers (many times you can solve your problem with just a
> > saved search).  There are extensions on cpan such as
> > RT-Extension-QuickCalls that implement a portlet that you can look at.
> Thanks for that, I need to make available a http directory on that Portlet,
> listing the files on that for download.
>
> I really think that I have to create a new portlet... Is there any
> documentation about creating portlets apart from the one I mentioned?

There really isn't much to document, you write a mason component that
does what you want, you stick it in local/html/Elements or in the
html/Elements directory of an extension and then you add it by name to
the allowed $HomepageComponents in your RT_SiteConfig.pm

The extension I noted does this and documents adding it and would be a
good jumping off point.

-kevin