[rt-users] Upgrading 4.0.8 -> 4.2.0 breaking outgoing email

Wright, Cory (CDC/OID/NCIRD) (CTR) wmi8 at cdc.gov
Fri Oct 25 15:45:34 EDT 2013

Hi All --

After an upgrade to 4.2.0 our instance of RT will not send out email.  I don't even get the "Outgoing email recorded" message in a ticket, so I assumed a problem with scrips.  I've created new post-upgrade scrips for the sole purpose of emailing out, but doesn't work.  I've also successfully tested emails from the same host on CLI using mailx (works), changing MailCommand from "sendmailpipe" to "sendmail" (doesn't work), rolling back to our 4.0.8 codebase (works).  No problems with incoming email.

Help?  If this is in the wrong channel please let me know.